Friday, July 21, 2006

 
`ello me luvvers well the 21st of July always has special meaning for me as it was on this day that I first arrived in Japan.
So today marks 5 years since I landed into a steamy cicada filled world..well how times have a changed, now here i sit in a sodden peaceful world (all cicadas silent, presumed drowned) .

As often has been the case i really wasn't expecting to be here this long, and as so often is the case now that I am here I cant think of what I would do if I left...

I certainly wasnt expecting to be now living in the mountains of Hiroshima-ken, joint owner of an old farm, shortly to be married to the woman who (romantically enough) was the first person I met in Hiroshima those 5 years ago.

Which surely just goes to show that we can never relly know what will become of us...which is a good thing otherwise our lives would be that little less exciting ...

Comments:
Ha ha, here I am with that quick reply! Great to bump into last night.

Take out the bit about the farm, double the years and thrown in some kids and our stories look pretty similar... one of the many who came for a couple of months and forgot they were supposed to leave. Life is indeed strange, but very very good when you go with the flow.

Hope to see you soon.
 
Jon, u said it mister. I always forget that July marks our anniversary season...anyways, talked to another jon (kochi) and i realized you don't have my details, and I don't have yours. Kindly email me at sammysensei at yahoo dot com, and I promise to visit Kake sooner than later. S
 
jon...its jon...I ran into you near hondori the other day and we talked about the wind and its pleasures. Oh, & I congratulated you about your wedding. I just learned of this blog. I have one of my own, please check it out.
http://myisthmus.blogspot.com/

BTW, I got your invitation for the wedding in the mail. Thanks so much! Cheers, jon.

PS, if possible, link my blog...I'm linking yours after pushing publish.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?